Fettuccine Alfredo with Spinach and Mushroom
Measurement / Ingredient
250g Fettuccine Pasta
125g Mushrooms (preferably wild)
200ml Chicken stock
3 tbsp Butter
3 tbsp Flour
15g Pine nuts
2 cloves Garlic
100g Parmesan cheese
5g Black Pepper (crushed)
1 Whole Onion
Fettuccine Alfred with spinach and mushroom are a timeless flavourful combo. The dish is a creamy dish that lingers on your taste buds and will leave you wanting more.
This dish is vegetarian friendly and quick to prepare so that even the busiest of people can enjoy this classic. Tiisetso has altered the recipe slightly by adding pine nuts for some extra texture and is sure to be enjoyed by everyone who gets to taste it.
- - Bring salted water to a boil, then add the pasta and simmer.
- - In a sauté pan or skillet, melt butter on medium heat, and then add the garlic chopped onions and mushrooms to cook for 3 minutes-stirring occasionally.
- - Add thyme to the pan, along with a pinch of salt, thereafter, while stirring add the flour to form the roux.
- - Cook until brown then add stock - at this point you can use a whisk or spoon -then incorporate and let flour cook for 10 - 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- - Stir in the cream and milk and leave to thicken (while on medium heat) for 2 minutes.
- - Then add fresh baby spinach and basil, cook for another 2 minutes.
- - Remove from heat and add parmesan (keep a little extra for topping on plates).
- - Toast nuts on high heat in a sauté pan and drizzle over plated alfredo.
Pairing: Klein Das Bosch Unwooded Chardonnay
Klein Das Bosch Unwooded Chardonnay - This is a smooth, medium-full style wine with good mango, ripe peach, citrus and lemon flavours. On the nose the wine shows ripe cultivar flavours which are well integrated with the citrus flavours and lemon toned palate.
021 880 0128